Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to write expression?

can  anyone help me with the expression please

attached is the table which should be build in report.

week is in horizontal as week1, week2,week3,week4

for eg: 207 is the difference of count of id if we take today. i,e today(wednesday)  minus last week(last wednesday) where Type= 'close','close/forward'
             78 is the difference of count of id if we take today. i,e today(wednesday)  minus last week(last wednesday) where Type=    'fail','fail/forward'

Thanks.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

please see attached.

Not applicable
Author

would this be possible to create?

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Are you asking because you can't do it yourself or because you can't bother doing it yourself?

A pivottable would work just fine and you just need to drag the Week-dimension horizontally.

Not applicable
Author

I tried all but not working. only I have to show is the differences. So, I would need the expression. Is that possible? Please help.

I can get direct with dimension Week and expression as count(ID) . but here this is not the requirement.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Oh I see,

You will need to write two expressions. One for close, one for fail.

Use set analysis e.g.

Expression 1

Count({Type={'close,'close/forward'} ID)-Count({Type={'close,'close/forward', Week={'$(=Week-1)'} ID)

Expression 2

Count({Type={'fail','fail/forward'} ID)-Count({Type={'fail','fail/forward', Week={'$(=Week-1)'} ID)

Not sure if Week={'$(=Week-1)'} part would work - if possible can you upload a data set of what you are currently using?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. will try and let you know.