Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hyperlink In Pivot table

I have a table data like:

For a particular Req Id and Legal Name , I can have one or more than one Matched Id and Matched Name (Matched Name is partially or fully matching name.). there are two requirement.

Req IdLegal NameMatched IdMatched Name

Test11021Testcorp
101Test11022Testin
101Test11023Testing
102Test21056User
103NewName1078NewName Find
103NewName1079NewName Exist
103NewName1065Get NewName
103NewName1034No NewName

1) I need to put Hyperlink on Req Id (to open some external link.).

2)  Along with this I also need to do merging kind of thing on Req ID & Legal name to avoid duplicacy. I acheived this from Pivot table but now I am not able to create hyperlink on dimension column.

The final table should be like alongwith Hyperlink on Req Id column.

Req IdLegal NameMatched IdMatched Name
101Test11021Testcorp
1022Testin
1023Testing
102Test21056User
103NewName1078NewName Find
1079NewName Exist
1065Get NewName
1034No NewName

Any suggestion .....

Message was edited by: Vineeta Dahiya

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Dimensions in pivot tables cannot be made hyperlinks. But it is possible to assign an Open URL action to the OnSelect field trigger of the Req Id field. You can do that on the Triggers tab of the document properties window.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I tried the same feature but somehow the trigger is not opening.

I  select the field and assign the action to Open URL like  www.google.com , but it is not opening the URL.

Correct me if I am doing something wrong. Is there any other setting to Open a external URL. Please suggest

Not applicable
Author

Please help. It is urgently needed for one of the client's requirement.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Add an expression to your pivot table, choose "Link" as representation and add somthing like this

to your expression ='Link'&'<url>https://eu1.salesforce.com/'&OpportunityId

In the case above this will open SalesForce.com and open the opportunity in salesforce.

Not applicable
Author

But I need the dimesion to be merged and hyperlinked also. If I put it as expression, the column value will be repetative.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, you will have a column containing the link text for each row. It would look something like this.

Apart from this I can't see any other way of embedding  link inside a pivot table dimension.

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Morris. I understand the concept. But the problem is Client want the representation in that manner. If I add this link as a column , this is again repeatative value. Ideally, he want this link applied in 668 , 669 referring the  example you shared.

I am looking for OnSelect and OnChange trigger in Field Event Trigger. But this seems not working as well.

lookforward1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Morris,

I am able to get the url in the values section in pivot table but not as a hyperlink.Can you provide steps on how you achieved this per your screenshot?Also i don't see representation in values section.

Thanks!