Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I am having view error in my TNS in setting up oracle connection

Guys, I am facing this issue with my QlikView where I attempted to connect to the Oracle DB using ODBC.

Reached to the Oracle ODBC Driver Configuration and looking at the TNS Service Name, this is what I've gotten. Up till now, still unable to connect to Oracle.

error loading image

Help appreciated. Is something wrong with this build? Version 9.00.7502.8 SR5

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

There could be multiple reasons for such issues. There might be multiple installation of Oracle in the machine and that could sometimes cause issues.

Did you checked your TNS entry file? are correct entries available there? Try creating an Oracle ODBC connection through windows data sources and check if it is working fine. If so, then use the same ODBC in Qlikview as source.

Also, try creating oracle OLEDB connection from Qlikview and check if it is working.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

There could be multiple reasons for such issues. There might be multiple installation of Oracle in the machine and that could sometimes cause issues.

Did you checked your TNS entry file? are correct entries available there? Try creating an Oracle ODBC connection through windows data sources and check if it is working fine. If so, then use the same ODBC in Qlikview as source.

Also, try creating oracle OLEDB connection from Qlikview and check if it is working.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your prompt response as I was away during the time. Also for calling the office with regards to this question.

Well, I had looked thru and yes, I think it's because of the multiple connection. I have thus changed the TNS_ADMIN to point to the desired tnsnames.ora and it's now working.

Thank you.