cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josemackinson
Contributor
Contributor

I'm new and I need a little help!!

Hello, I'm trying to make a comparative analysis in Qlik Sense Desktop and have encountered a weird problem. I managed to create two different groups with attributes to compare (like region or product) and visualized them in a bar chart. I'm measuring them by Sales and my dimension is time (my data has a date column that shows when each sale is made). I'm using the autoCalendar YearMonth expression. The problem is when I add filter panes for Year, Quarter and Month, they do not change the graphic at all. I want the filtered date to be the same for both groups, that's why I don't add it to the groups individual filter panes (which work as expected). I hope you can help me with this. Don't hesitate to ask for more information, just be specific. Thanks!

2 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Can you share some screenshots ?

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

If you have created two different groups, then perhaps YearMonth fields are uncoupled as well? It's important that you have a field on both your groups that match a field in the autoCalendar table. If you have two tables L and R, and you have a field named L.YearMonth in one and R.YearMonth in the other, then they will not be connected. If this is indeed the case, then you can connect them by adding a special table for connecting them like this:

Connect_L:
Load
  L.YearMonth as YearMonth,
  L.YearMonth as L.YearMonth
Resident L;

Connect_R:
Load
  R.YearMonth as YearMonth,
  R.YearMonth as R.YearMonth
Resident R;