Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I need help with a data model that allows drill down

Hi,

I'm very new to using Qlikview. I'm still getting used to how a datamodel is used in Qlikview. I have a project I could use some advice on. I'm reviewing sales data and wold like to build a Qlikview that starts with sales data by year, then drills down to Month, Branch, sales date, and details on the sales date.

I'm not sure how to accomplish this in QlikView. I appreciate any advice that is offered.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Robert and Alex,

Thank you for taking time to answer my question. Your guidance pointed me in the right direction. FYI, I changed my data model a bit to achieve the drill down effect I was looking for.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
alexantone
Creator
Creator

Hello Bernard Smith

What is your database?

How much tables?

you must define for qlikview some table fact and some table dimensions in order to create the model

and for the differents load of the table you define the keys to link them

the reliationship betwwen tables (qvd files) is not the same than database (sql server , access)

in qlikview a link is create by same name

load table1

xyz as mykey,

afield ...

from myable1

load table2

abc as mykey...

bfield

from myable1

Not applicable
Author

Robert and Alex,

Thank you for taking time to answer my question. Your guidance pointed me in the right direction. FYI, I changed my data model a bit to achieve the drill down effect I was looking for.