Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cristian_av
Creator III
Creator III

IDs not matching with Rowno()

Hi

I'm trying to use Rowno() as a key in a table that I need to "split" the fields. I have a fact table called "Datos" and a second table related called "DatosDetail".

The table datos is loaded in Script 1 and stored to a qvd. Then, in script 2, I want to load the same table but splitted. To connect this splitted data, i'm creating a key with the function rowno(). As far as I know, is that the function rowno() creates a the dame key for each row.

But this is not working, and I don't know why, because the fields are getting different row number in each table.

Hope somebody can explain me why this is not working.

Thanks!

Script1:

Datos:

Origen,

[Tipo Venta],

...;

SQL Select * from exampletable;

Store Datos Into Datos.qvd (qvd);

Script2:

Datos:

LOAD 'DW'&RowNo() as %LlaveWeekPrograma,

Origen,

FROM $(RepositorioQvd)DetallesWeek.qvd (qvd);

DatosDetail:

LOAD 'DW'&RowNo() as %LlaveWeekPrograma,

[Tipo Venta],

FROM $(RepositorioQvd)DetallesWeek.qvd (qvd);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

On what field bases you are generating keys' Because, 'Text' & RowNo() returns only one not for until rows available from table?

May be you can use AutoNumber() function

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

On what field bases you are generating keys' Because, 'Text' & RowNo() returns only one not for until rows available from table?

May be you can use AutoNumber() function

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
cristian_av
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil

I was not generating the keys based on a field, but instead I was trying to generate it based on the position on the table. But it is not working. With autonumber it works, but I wanted to know why it is not working based on position instead of fields.

Regards

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Because, 'DW' & RowNo() returns only one where AutoNumber() generate sequential. Read more from help

If you found solution, May be you can close this thread