Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denwo2010
Creator
Creator

IE Plugin Different Versions

Hi,

I am in the process of Upgrading from Qlikview Version 11 SR2 to Qlikview Version April 2019 SR1, I want to know if there will be an issue with the End user accessing their Document via Access Point if there was two different version of Plugins installed on to their machine? Is there a best practice, should I uninstall the older version of the IE Plugin and install the Latest one, will that then open Documents that is creating in Version 11?

Thanks

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would argue that not using the IE plugin is the best practice for consuming QlikView applications in April 2019. Have you considered leaving the plugin and start to distribute the apps in Ajax? Or do you have special needs that still requires the IE plugin?

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

I possibly might do this but I have some other documents that has some macro buttons that looks at a vb script, will this still work in AJAX mode?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

It depends. Several macros do work in Ajax, but not all. I do not have the detailed knowledge of which failes or not. 

My best tips would be to validate your self, by trying the macros your self by using the web/ajax mode.

MikeW
Creator
Creator

I don't think any front end macros work in ajax. Macros use the COM API, which the ajax client would not have access to. You can write JavaScript code that uses the Qlikview JavaScript API, but that would not be using the macro module in the app. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Running the 11.20 IE Plugin client in a 12.40 QVServer environment is unsupported per the Release Notes.  The IE Plugin version must match the QVServer version in the 12.xx tracks, just FYI.  If you have to update one before the other, I would likely try the updated IE Plugin client against the 11.20 QVServer to see how it behaves, as I would expect that to be safer than the other way around.  

Let me know if you have further questions.  If not, please be sure to close the thread by marking the response that helped the most using the Accept as Solution button on it.

Forgot to mention that I would highly recommend updating to the SR3 release too in that there are some fixes there you are likely going to need related to Chrome version 80.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.