Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

If statement based on no field selected

Hi Guys

Further to below post I have written a condition in the expression that will color background based on whether a particular report is selected and what value is in a Totals field.

if(Report='CBINT' and [Total]<=600,RGB (0,255,0),if(Report='CBINT' and [Total]<=800,RGB (255,255,0),if(Report='PAYMENTS/I&I' and [Total]<=70,RGB (0,255,0),if(Report='PAYMENTS/I&I' and [Total]<=110,RGB (255,255,0),if(Report='IRE' and [Total]<=50,RGB (0,255,0),if(Report='IRE' and [Total]<=75,RGB (255,255,0),if(Report='ROI Bank' and [Total]<=250,RGB (0,255,0),if(Report='ROI Bank' and [Total]<=500,RGB (255,255,0),if(Report='ROI Bank' and Report='CBINT' and Report='IRE'and Report='PAYMENTS/I&I' and [Total]<=920,RGB (0,255,0),if(Report='ROI Bank' and Report='CBINT' and Report='IRE'and Report='PAYMENTS/I&I' and [Total]<=1406,RGB (255,255,0),RGB (185,0,0)))))))))))

This works perfectly , but my issue is the last part in bold I wish to have a rule on the whole formula as a whole that states if when no option in [Report] is selected if its <920 Green <1406 orange otherwise red.

I have tried different variations of this but cant get it to work !! Can anyone advise if there is a way to write in a formula when no field selected.

I have this also posted as part of another discussion ( background colour set in Expression) as it was a lead on from there but I need to know this rule so I may apply same logic in other formulas in my workbook

Thanks

Anne

Community Browser