Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Im new to all this..

How to declare variables as long numbers or some other format that use all the decimals available?

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

LET vMyVariable = num(3/371, '0.0000000000000000');

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
swuehl
MVP
MVP

There are no data types in QV.

Data Types in QlikView

So you can't really control how many bits are used to store your numbers internally.

You can only change / control the text format of a value, e.g. number of decimals displayed, if that's what you are after.

Not applicable
Author

So when I realize an operation how do I know if I'm using all the decimals? 'Cause I'm getting different results.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand, could you give an example?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlikview only knows IEEE 754 compliant floating point numbers. See this blog post: Rounding Errors

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Comparing between doing the same operation in two different softwares I don't get the same result, and I was wondering if it was because of the decimals...

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Is this still an open question?

If you want more help, I think you need to describe your issue a bit more detailed, i.e. give us some examples what you see and what you are expecting to see.

You would probably also need to provide full context, so uploading a small sample QVW would be best.

If there is no open question, please close this thread by selecting an answer as correct or set the status to 'assumed answered'.