Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Import data into Qlik from Excel Power Pivot table

I have an excel power pivot table that I'm trying to import into QlikView.  My pivot table has 2 diminsions.  One is a date, the other is a string.  I have one Fact which is a performance percentage.  Please direct me to a tutorial that shows how to import this type of table from Excel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
harvinderjohal
Creator
Creator

Hi Dave,

I was searching the web and found this "how-to" video on Youtube.  In QlikView, loading Excel Pivot Tables is reffered to as a Crosstable.  There's more information in the online help on the Crosstable feature, however, the YouTube link at the end of this reply shows how you can use QlikView's wizard to help you load the Pivot Table and help QlikView understand what the structure of the Pivot Table looks like.

Here's the Link:  http://youtu.be/qHu45iWamL8

Cheers,

Harvey

View solution in original post

4 Replies
harvinderjohal
Creator
Creator

Hi Dave,

I was searching the web and found this "how-to" video on Youtube.  In QlikView, loading Excel Pivot Tables is reffered to as a Crosstable.  There's more information in the online help on the Crosstable feature, however, the YouTube link at the end of this reply shows how you can use QlikView's wizard to help you load the Pivot Table and help QlikView understand what the structure of the Pivot Table looks like.

Here's the Link:  http://youtu.be/qHu45iWamL8

Cheers,

Harvey

writetoprithvi
Contributor II
Contributor II

question is different and answer is different. I would like to import power pivot or power bi tables into qliksense as scirpting language in qlik sense is not that easy. I do not think it is possible in qliksense.

po22llak
Contributor
Contributor

Assuming that you do not want to alter the format of the Excel file at all, attached is an attempt to import and pivot the data provided.

writetoprithvi
Contributor II
Contributor II

There is no attachment.