Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Importing from an Excel Spreadsheet

I'm looking to export data from an Excel spreadsheet into QlikView, but the import process doesn't seem to read a formula as a value. For example, I've got a formula =A1+B1+C1+D1 which is read in as blank.

Is there a way to inform the script to read the value of the column rather than the formula? (which is what I assume it's doing)

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I've resolved the issue: turns out the version of the spreadsheet I had was out of date, and the current version has referencing issues all over the place. Thanks anyway Johannes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It should read the value (i.e. not the expression) by default.

Maybe you can attach a subset of the Excel file to the thread?

Not applicable
Author

I just tried to replicate the spreadsheet in excel and it worked fine. The spreadsheet I have to use is protected; does that have any effect on QlikView reading the value of the column that is a formula?

EDIT: When testing the value with IsNull, I get a -1 for each field suggesting that I can't use formula results from a protected sheet.

Not applicable
Author

I've resolved the issue: turns out the version of the spreadsheet I had was out of date, and the current version has referencing issues all over the place. Thanks anyway Johannes.

Not applicable
Author

Dear All,

I have question, can i make import for excel file from end users (from web browser).

Thanks.