Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Highlighted
Not applicable

In Edit Script, how can I display the XUserID and XUserPassword of my ODBC Connection to Teradata?

I have created an ODBC connection to Teradata named TeraDataSource using Data Sources (ODBC) in Windows Administrative Tools.

Whenever I want to load data in QlikView from this TeraDataSource, I will:

1. Open Qlikview Edit Script

2. In Data Tab, I will choose ODBC in Database dropdown, and click Connect.

3. Connect to Data Source Popup will appear.

4. I will choose TeraDataSource, then click OK.

5. In the editor, this will appear.

ODBC Connect32 to TeraDataSource;

But what I want to happen is see this:

ODBC Connect32 to TeraDataSource (XUserID is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, XPassword is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX);

How can I find this XUserID and XPassword?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: In Edit Script, how can I display the XUserID and XUserPassword of my ODBC Connection to Teradata?

I found the problem and the solution.. These are the steps I did

4. I will choose TeraDataSource.

5. THEN I WILL MANUALLY ENTER MY USER ID AND PASSWORD, before clicking OK. Previously I just click immediately the Ok button, without entering any USER ID AND PASSWORD. I assume it still worked without the UserID and PW, because these info was already saved locally when I created TeraDataSource in Data Sources (ODBC) in WIndows Administrative Tools.

ODBC Connect32 to TeraDataSource (XUserID is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, XPassword is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX);

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: In Edit Script, how can I display the XUserID and XUserPassword of my ODBC Connection to Teradata?

I found the problem and the solution.. These are the steps I did

4. I will choose TeraDataSource.

5. THEN I WILL MANUALLY ENTER MY USER ID AND PASSWORD, before clicking OK. Previously I just click immediately the Ok button, without entering any USER ID AND PASSWORD. I assume it still worked without the UserID and PW, because these info was already saved locally when I created TeraDataSource in Data Sources (ODBC) in WIndows Administrative Tools.

View solution in original post

NP, Please close the thread with Correct Answer(Please flag the Correct Answer)

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)