Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

In Edit Script, how can I display the XUserID and XUserPassword of my ODBC Connection to Teradata?

I have created an ODBC connection to Teradata named TeraDataSource using Data Sources (ODBC) in Windows Administrative Tools.

Whenever I want to load data in QlikView from this TeraDataSource, I will:

1. Open Qlikview Edit Script

2. In Data Tab, I will choose ODBC in Database dropdown, and click Connect.

3. Connect to Data Source Popup will appear.

4. I will choose TeraDataSource, then click OK.

5. In the editor, this will appear.

ODBC Connect32 to TeraDataSource;

But what I want to happen is see this:

ODBC Connect32 to TeraDataSource (XUserID is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, XPassword is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX);

How can I find this XUserID and XPassword?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I found the problem and the solution.. These are the steps I did

4. I will choose TeraDataSource.

5. THEN I WILL MANUALLY ENTER MY USER ID AND PASSWORD, before clicking OK. Previously I just click immediately the Ok button, without entering any USER ID AND PASSWORD. I assume it still worked without the UserID and PW, because these info was already saved locally when I created TeraDataSource in Data Sources (ODBC) in WIndows Administrative Tools.

ODBC Connect32 to TeraDataSource (XUserID is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, XPassword is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX);

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I found the problem and the solution.. These are the steps I did

4. I will choose TeraDataSource.

5. THEN I WILL MANUALLY ENTER MY USER ID AND PASSWORD, before clicking OK. Previously I just click immediately the Ok button, without entering any USER ID AND PASSWORD. I assume it still worked without the UserID and PW, because these info was already saved locally when I created TeraDataSource in Data Sources (ODBC) in WIndows Administrative Tools.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

NP, Please close the thread with Correct Answer(Please flag the Correct Answer)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful