Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

In a bar chart how to include one bar at the end which gives the consolidated value of rest of the chart.

Hi All

May I know how to achieve the following bar chart. For your information 79701002 should get achieved using (24800897+19822464+15173907+10172440+9731294). I want to show the bar at the end of the chart which contains consolidated value of rest of the remaining bar. Please look in to the below figure for better understanding.

consolidated.JPG

Thanks

Attitude

12 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can go to the presentation tab and check 'Show total'

It will not work if there is more than one dimension.

you can also read this post:

http://community.qlik.com/message/10198#10198

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your support Erich

I have already tried that it gives rounded off numbers only. It is not showing the exact figure!

For example if you consider above bar chart it should be displaying "79701002" but it displaying only 80 instead.

Regards

Attitude

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The total should be formated with the same number format as the other bars.  Is the expression a SUM type expression?  If not it will not behave how you want.  For example, if your expression is an average then the total bar will be the average across all dimensions - rather than the sum of averages.

Could you possibly post up a .qvw file showing exactly how the issue manifests itself?

- Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve

For time being can you please work on the qlikview example file "Data Visualization.qvw" - Comparison Tab - "Bar Chart : Long-text Dimension". It is too big to attach it here.

In the above example it contain sum whereas in my case it contains the count. Please let me know what are the changes required in the application.

Thanks

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve

For your information, Total bar displayed by doing this "go to the presentation tab and check 'Show total'" It is not a coming seperately from any dimension. In that case how can I format the numbers. I don't think it is possible.

Please help me out on this.

Thanks

Attitude

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Attitude

I tried to reproduce your sceneario, but it works for me.

Check if there is something different in your case.

Regards,

Erich

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I just imagined another approach.

You can create a new field on script to include this 'Consolidated' item, associated with all the other values.

The script would be like this (when I create the table GROUPS, I'm generating this new field):

Tab:

LOAD * INLINE [

ITEM, VALUE

A, 24800897

B, 19822464

C, 15173907

D, 10172440

E, 9731294

];

Groups:

load distinct ITEM, ITEM AS ITEM2

Resident Tab;

Concatenate (Groups)

Load Distinct ITEM, 'Consolidated' as ITEM2

Resident Tab;

You can also compare both approachs on the attachment.

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich

I will defiently try that! Thanks for that.

Before I try that may I know what would be the case if the expression is something like below. Where we have used two fields in the expression.

Count(Distinct Field1) / Count(Distinct Field2)

Please explain me in detail on this!

Thanks

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve

In the bar chart the expression contains something like below. May I know whether "Show Total" will workout here or not please.

Count(Distinct Field1) / Count(Distinct Field2)

Thanks

Attitude