Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Include image in qvw file

Hi to everyone.

I want a qlikview file where the customer's logo is customizzable, so I added a textbox object in my project and set it like "Image" as Rapresentation. In its Text field I put the relative path of the external image that has to be shown.

It works fine but I have to keep the image file with the qvw file when I release it.

I was wondering If there is a way to include the image file in the qvw one when I reload the data.

thank you for your help

Mauro

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Mauro,

Do a bundle load of the files. Check here for a working sample code.

Note that the QVW file size will increase depending on the size and number of images, and it may take longer to load and render.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Instead of using the Text section of the text box to define a path to an image, leave that bit blank and use the Background bit of the text box (bottom left).  Change the radio button to Image and choose one.  It will then be embedded with the qvw file.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason, thank you for your reply.

I use the the Text section because the name of the image is stored in a variable, so I can pass it to the qlikview file when I reload it using the command line.

If I use the background option like you suggest I'm not able to change it  even with a reload.

Mauro

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Mauro,

Do a bundle load of the files. Check here for a working sample code.

Note that the QVW file size will increase depending on the size and number of images, and it may take longer to load and render.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Miguel

It works!

Mauro