Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
konidena
Creator
Creator

Incremental Load

Hi Team,

With my basic knowledge in Incremental Load, we can load the data in the following 3 ways.

1. Insert

2. Insert and Update

3. Insert, update and Delete

I have the below data...

Sales table.

Sales

Region,

Customer,

Date of Sale

From the above fields, i am considering the max value of the Date of Sale and while loading the new records into qv, i have to consider the records which are after the max value of the date of sale.

New records will be concatenated to the old records and new QVD will be created for sales data.

Question: If i have other tables which don't have the date field.  How to do the incremental load?

A data model can be made by list of tables. Only few tables have data fields wherever required. But some of the tables don't have the date fields. For these type of tables, how to do Incremental load.

Regards

Srinivas

3 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Anonymous
Not applicable

it seems like you have Sales Fact table which contains date field and other tables means dimension tables right ?

if yes you can implement incremental load for fact table only and you can load dim tables normally. basically fact table is major table in any data model which might holds huge amount of data. 

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Question: If i have other tables which don't have the date field.  How to do the incremental load?

How can you tell the new/changed records from the current? Is there a numerical field that gets increased with each insert or update?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand