Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nishanthi_8
Creator
Creator

Incremental load update will retain history record or it will overwrite it?

Hi in case of incremental load insert and update i used the following :

Concatenate

load *

From "C:\Users\Desktop\Incremental Load\Table.qvd"(qvd)

where not Exists(ID);

where i couldn't understand the use of where not Exists(ID) in case of update strategy. Will it retain old records or it will override it?

7 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

When you then concatenate your historic data, you only do this for records with Product ID that are not New OR Updated (WHERE NOT EXISTS(ID) ), i.e. old AND unchanged data.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

You are first loading records with modification date higher than the previously loaded modification date. In this LOAD, it will already load new or updated product records, it just looks at modification date.

Then, your highlighted part loads in all product records with a ID not already loaded in the first load, i.e. unchanged / old data.

nishanthi_8
Creator
Creator
Author

You try to mean that only ID will be checked .... so if i want other fields also to be checked how to implement it? Only primary can be checked in case of update?

nishanthi_8
Creator
Creator
Author

i simply want to override the history value during the update

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Incremental load will overwrite the existing records in a QVD if there is a change.

Concatenate

load *

From "C:\Users\Desktop\Incremental Load\Table.qvd"(qvd)

where not Exists(ID);  // Will not load the latest records.. 

Regards,

jagan.

nishanthi_8
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi jagan thanks for your feedback.... but it is getting loaded but if i select in the UI for example:

PRIMARY KEY       NAME           POSITION    DATE

222                        RAMYA          Developer   17-03-2016 // Record already in excel sheet

222                        RAMYA           Trainee       23-03-2016   // Updated record

if i select 222 in List box then in case of position i could get developer as well as trainee being associated whereas i need only Trainee to be associated in this case

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Attach some past and current data in excel so that it would be easier to provide the solution.

Regards,

jagan.