Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Incremental script reduced records from QVD

Dear All

Hope you all are doing well.

I need your views/solutions for one of my issue -

Here it is incremental load happening for reports. An abnormal behavior that is observed is, on one day number of records are reduced in QVD (Which either should increase or should remained same before & after load completes).

Has anyone ever faced such issue earlier or does anyone know what kind of issue might happen in this case?

Thank you.

--

Regards,

Prashant P Baste

9 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

What's the conditions/ variables?

Is that the same day every time.

Share some data/screenshot or app.

gajapathy74
Creator II
Creator II

If there is any logic / filter (where condition) applied in your load script might cause an issue. Are you running in the same environment (folder)?

prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I see only one way that your logic would decrease the number of records - if there are multiple values of specific keyfields in your qvd, which is then modified in the source. One record would be added for the keyfield, and multiple records would be removed, leading to a reduction in the number of records. You could detect this by counting the number of distinct keyfields in the QVD before and after loading and comparing this to the total number of records.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hello

Actually there is issue with source table occurred   that there are only 60 records (of 3 distinct days)  remained & rest all records gets removed. Where as it should have at-least  60-70 thousands (or more than that) of records till now.

But then as per logic those records can be added or not based on their dateadded & datemodified.

But QVD should have data intact which is stored earlier. Please correct me if I am wrong somewhere or if I am missing anything.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you post Increment Load Script. You might forget to drop the Parent Directory. We might help you if you share the Script

And, As i assume you've created loop for that.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II

i am also getting same problem in my project...But in my project don't have primary key field....any one help me on this...

gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II

And one more thing

How to find updated records and newly insert records in incremental load??