Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Independent Dimension from Selection with Dependent Data

I have a document that is broken up into three sections. The left is where you can make your selections, the top right is a high-level overview, and the bottom right is a trends overview. For the trends section, I have four graphs, where the x-axis is Month. I would like to make the graphs independent of the months selected on the left, but still update for other changes in the selections. I was looking through the forum for it, and I couldn't find much. What I was trying to do was to have the Dimension be Month, and then I tried changing the expression to different things I read on the internet, like {$} and similar, but it wasn't working out the way I was hoping.

Can anyone help me with this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Say for your trend chart the Dimension is Month and the Expression is Sum(Sales).

To ignore any selections made on the month field, change the expression to Sum({<Month=>}Sales)

This tells the chart to ignore any selections made on the Month field, but the chart will still be filtered by other selections.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Say for your trend chart the Dimension is Month and the Expression is Sum(Sales).

To ignore any selections made on the month field, change the expression to Sum({<Month=>}Sales)

This tells the chart to ignore any selections made on the Month field, but the chart will still be filtered by other selections.

Not applicable
Author

I didn't realize that I needed to change it in the Expression, not the Dimension tab. Thank you!