Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input Parameter and drill down

Hi,

I need to design Qlikview report same as existing Business object report ,  BO report  has below feature implemented, please suggest how to implement same in Qlikview

1. User input parameter for date- it asks user to select date while running report

2. Drill down from one level to another level

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Create these below variables inside the script . Then find the attached file to implement calendar object. Use calendar object properties and apply button properties and change where necessary. Let me know if any doubts.

VarDates:

Load

min([%Key Date]) as minDate,

max([%Key Date]) as maxDate

FROM <Give your calendar table name here>;

// To update dates into Variables

LET vMinDate = Floor(YearStart(Peek('minDate', 0, 'VarDates')));

LET vMaxDate = Floor(YearEnd(Peek('maxDate', 0, 'VarDates')));

Drop Table VarDates;

View solution in original post

26 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

1- Use a date list box to limit data or if more appropriate then use a date variable and calendar object, then use this variable in your expressions

2- Use a drill down group, or use variables to hide / show, or use a selection trigger to change tabs

There are many different ways to do these sorts of thing and searching on here should help you come up with a way of doing it.

Please remeber to mark this answer as helpful or correct if it helps or answers your question

Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Use a listbox object to select the date

2. Create a drill down group with the fields you want to use a drill down hierarchy and use that drill down group as dimension in your chart or table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

I have rebuild a couple of BO reports to Qlikview reports. Qlikview is so much more than a static BO report.

1.In qlikview you have all dates and you can build a calendar where the user picks whatever date he want.

2. for drill down a simple Pivot table is good enough

just convince the customer that qlikview can do so much more than a BO report.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Do I need to create Calendar Table in data model in order to implement Calendar Object ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Do I need to create Calendar Table in data model in order to implement Calendar Object ?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

How are your dates coming in your data model. If there are any missing gaps in the dates and if you want to use the Calendar object (where i technically use calendar object only when I want to see data with in a range of dates) you should have valid dates to be displayed in the calendar object for selections. Else the experts mentioned above should suffice your requirement. 

Not applicable
Author

Report is having Date range (From and To Date)

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

So its always good to have a Calendar table in the Data model. Implement and try the solutions mentioned above and let us know if you still have any issues!!!

Not applicable
Author

Do I need to implement calendar table in script, the date for which I want to create calendar object has gaps