cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolojolly
Creator
Creator

Input, save and reload data in Qlikview

Hi, I'm pretty new to Qlikview and I need help to create a chart in which for each customer(customers list loaded from the erp database) I can add comments and comments date and save it for future use

I am using an Inputfield for input comments, but i do not know how to save and retrieve comments data

Can someone help me?

Thank you very much

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Data in input fields is stored per user in the .shared file on the Qlikview Server. You cannot retrieve that for other users than yourself. If you need to exchange comments with other users then you need something like IInsight for Qlikview

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Colin-Albert

QlikView server using the Ajax client allows you to annotate charts and save/share comments with other users. This option is not available with the IE Plugin, you must use Ajax to add notes.

Notes can save a bookmark so users can view the same data that note relates to. This post has more details

Re: Use of annotations in qlikview 11

paolojolly
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry, maybe I explained myself wrong,

I need to use input fields in pivot table so each user can input values on lines for customer(comment date and comment/value)

User can input for each customer different line specifying different dates so then they can filter on date field

For example, the end result could be

Immagine.png

The goal is to keep those values because different users must input and the values have to be shared.

Thank you very much

Gysbert_Wassenaar

What you want is not possible with input fields. As I said the values are stored per user and cannot be shared. Qlikview is not a data entry application. You'll have to do the data entry part in another application. Perhaps you can use an excel file that the users fill with their comments data.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand