Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dominicanlauf
Contributor III
Contributor III

Integrate QV-Evaluation in production

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem: My company owns some QV licenses, which are used to create evaluations. Now an evaluation is to be made available in the production department so that the machine operators receive information about their production department.

The problem is that there is no budget for additional licenses, which means that another license for manufacturing is not an option. The second problem is, if you use a html page and upload static diagrams of the QV-application, that the right filters need to be selected - without the right filters there's no meaningfull evaluation.

Is there anyone who has an idea how to automatically set filters (day, machine) so that retrieving a static chart is possible - or someone who has another idea to solve the Problem?

Thank you,

Dominic

3 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Dominic,

It would be helpful to get some additional details about your issue and it's constraints.  

When you refer to a limit of Qlikview licenses, are you referring to Qlikview Desktop licenses or are these machine operators accessing the QVWs from the Qlikview Accesspoint, which consumes a CAL (Client Access License, usually in the form of a Named User CAL, Session CAL, Document CAL or Usage CAL)?  Have you run out of Qlikview Desktop licenses or the licenses used on the Accesspoint?  That will help determine how to resolve your issue.

In regards to the second issue you mentioned, you're correct, if you take a screenshot of a QVW, users won't be able to manipulate or filter the data to get the analysis they're looking for.  Doing this would be useful if you have machine operators that only want the analysis of a specific machine or process and don't necessarily need any of the other data in the QVW.

Have you had a chat with your Account Manager regarding your license needs?  He/she may be able to assist.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
dominicanlauf
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply Josh,

what's the difference between Qlikview Desktop licences and CAL? 

For now it would be enough, if the machine operators could see the evaluation without manipulate or filter the data. 

The Problem is that the evaluation should always show a selected machine over, for example, the last two days. This process should run automatically and update itself every 1/2 hour.

I don't know how to integrate this idea in the production without using another QV-licence.

Thank you!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Your only option here as I see it would be to likely use Actions or a Macro along with OnOpen trigger in a QV.exe -r setup on schedule by a Windows Scheduled Task to run it on the schedule that would make the selections and generate a Report and print that report to a pdf or something and mail it out.  Not going to be easy, and there are definitely better ways to do this within the product, I suspect the amount of time you would spend in man hours coding this would likely pay for the additional Named CALs you may need for the folks that need to see things etc.  

To Josh's point, this is something I would likely recommend you get up with your account team to discuss, as they may be able to come up with a better workaround here as well as help you with budgeting for what you will need to properly implement this when you can too.  Sorry I do not have more details, but hopefully this gets you on the right track with things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.