Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

InterView Questions

Hi....

I have an interview on QlikView. I have created a couple of reports for my company in the past. Please guide me with some important questions on QlikView.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

17 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Hmmm, trying to think what I'd ask you if I were interviewing you for a position here. Rather than asking technical questions, I'd probably be asking questions more like this:

• For how long have you been using QlikView?
  • What were your responsibilities?
  • Have you written a lot of script or just charts and the like?
  • Do you have experience managing QlikView Server, or just applications?
  • Tell me about the QlikView application you're most proud of writing or helping with.
  • Any particular lessons you've learned based on your experience?
  • What do you consider your strengths and weaknesses in QlikView?
  • Have you been responsible for the whole process from gathering requirements through installing applications?
  • How have you handled the parts of this process that you are responsbile for?
  • Have you used QVDs? In what situations have you used QVDs instead of just loading the data directly? Why?
  • How much experience do you have writing QlikView macros?
  • How about replacing macros with other forms of logic?
  • Have you mainly loaded data from text or Excel files? Databases?
  • Was there already a data warehouse in place?
  • Did you instead have to read raw data from a business system not designed for reporting?

I don't know that these are GOOD questions or the kind of questions you'll be asked. I've never interviewed anyone for a job. But those are the kind of things I'd be curious about. I wouldn't be asking technical questions, like "explain differences between MAP USING and applymap()" or "show me a set analysis expression to select the sum of sales for the most recent selected month, or the most recent month if none has been selected". I'm much more interested in general experience, intelligence, and problem-solving abilities than in your exposure to and ability to remember very specific things.

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

really a nice collection of questions!

Best regards
Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot John....

This is really helpful.

What else you would like to suggest to be taken care from interview point of view?

Not applicable
Author

"Was there already a data warehouse in place? Did you instead have to read raw data from a business system not designed for reporting? "

I think the above two would be key for me, As QVW's from said business system is where the main Challenges seem to be for me

ColinR

Not applicable
Author

HI

JOHN

john i need your help if poosible i would like to add some comments in a column via qlikview in any access table is it poosible if yes how

thanks

Kamran

Not applicable
Author

i need anyones help if poosible i would like to add some comments in a column via qlikview in any access table is it poosible if yes how

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

It is allsome collection of what the Question should be ask by any person. It is really nice.

Thanks

Anand

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Dear All,

I understand this is old thread but I thought it will be useful for other users who are searching for "Interview Questions". Please check the link below and I'll keep adding to the existing list.

http://qlikshare.com/qlikview-interview-qa

Good luck!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi DV,

I need help for Qlikview  Material,interview questions and answers.Please sugesst me the sites wherei can get them.

thanking you

srinivas.