Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kashyapdhar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Internal inconsistency, general exception in UV event loop

We have bee facing the subject error since quite some time now in our QlikView servers. The issue happens randomly on QlikView server and the "QlikView server" service gets restarted automatically. On checking the event logs and audit logs we can't exactly pin point the cause since its different reports being accessed at times of restart. We prefer using IE plugin for reporting which business users use, however certain users could access the QlikView report link using CHROME. Can this be related to the issue?

Basis the log captured in EventVwr:

"The description for Event ID 300 from source QlikViewServer cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Restart: Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, general exception in UV event loop"

QlikView Version: 12.10.20602.0 SR8

I can't find any documentation related to this specific type of error being logged on QlikView server.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kashyapdhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think no one has ever encountered this type of inconsistency. Though i am still researching for why this issue occurs randomly, steps i have performed till now are as below

1. Initial assumption was that some reports in production might be causing this inconsistency and leading to service restart. We did check the event and audit logs and identified the reports which were being accessed near to service restart time and what actions were performed by end user. These actions on sample reports (which are heavy reports) were performed again in production by the developers to pinpoint the cause of failure, however there was nothing unusual being observed. However we spent a lot of time analyzing different reports but this didn't give us concrete answer to the error being logged on the server and affecting downtime. We did maintain the reports which were audited

2. On analyzing the logs we could see some lines being logged with regards to leavers and these were marked as warning messages. These were either server objects or bookmarks (primarily) which were being logged. We could not relate these to service restart, but as a check we did check all the reports in QMC under server documents and checked what objects / bookmarks were available against leavers and cleared all of them. Not sure which bookmark was causing the issue but post the cleanup we have not seen a single service restart with this error or warning being logged on production server.

Just posting it here to understand if the community has observed any of the above and what could be the reason for leavers bookmark being applied during report refresh causing this warning and error logs.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kashyapdhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Any one facing this same issue? This is different than usual inconsistency errors which are shared on QlikView blog post. Any recommendations would be helpful

QlikView Version: 12.10.20602.0 SR8

kashyapdhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think no one has ever encountered this type of inconsistency. Though i am still researching for why this issue occurs randomly, steps i have performed till now are as below

1. Initial assumption was that some reports in production might be causing this inconsistency and leading to service restart. We did check the event and audit logs and identified the reports which were being accessed near to service restart time and what actions were performed by end user. These actions on sample reports (which are heavy reports) were performed again in production by the developers to pinpoint the cause of failure, however there was nothing unusual being observed. However we spent a lot of time analyzing different reports but this didn't give us concrete answer to the error being logged on the server and affecting downtime. We did maintain the reports which were audited

2. On analyzing the logs we could see some lines being logged with regards to leavers and these were marked as warning messages. These were either server objects or bookmarks (primarily) which were being logged. We could not relate these to service restart, but as a check we did check all the reports in QMC under server documents and checked what objects / bookmarks were available against leavers and cleared all of them. Not sure which bookmark was causing the issue but post the cleanup we have not seen a single service restart with this error or warning being logged on production server.

Just posting it here to understand if the community has observed any of the above and what could be the reason for leavers bookmark being applied during report refresh causing this warning and error logs.

mattias
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

We also seeing this problem now

Server restarts randomly. Did you find a solution? Did it help by deleting the bookmarks?
The cpu spike at 100% randomly and after a while the server dies

Error System: User - GetStringS: Failed to LookupAccountName. EnforceDomainLookUp (Disable), NoDomain, Name (DOMAIN02\DOMAIN02). SystemError (No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.)

Notice Engine: Server aborted. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, general exception in UV event loop

Error Restart: Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, general exception in UV event loop

Error Core dump: Writing core dump file to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\CrashDumps\Coredump_12.10.20400+2017-05-05 15_42_13.HEAD.Component.Version_3232_10671877.dmp
20190312T074543.000+0100 20190312T104335.000+0100 1 300 Error Core dump: Core dump result = 1

kashyapdhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I recently again got the same issue and it was again resolved by removing the unwanted objects against the resources who have left the organization. A cleanup was done.

Hope the solution did work for you?

Josh_Berg_Support

In case anyone else runs into internal inconsistency errors in their environment that are causing QVS service to restart, I thought I'd provide some additional information on these types of errors.  Regardless of the type, Type A, Type D, or Type UV (in this case), these are all caused by an inability for Qlikview to allocate additional memory to a QVW.  The type really only determines at what point in the allocation the error occurs.  If you see these internal inconsistency errors, it's a good idea to take a look at the audit logs (if enabled) and see what QVW(s) were open right before the error was written, that would give you a good place to start.  Once you have that list, repeat the actions listed in the audit logs for that specific QVW and see if you can get the internal inconsistency error to happen again, that will tell you where the issue lies.  If QVS asks for more memory but is unable to get it from the server, that will cause the service to restart.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
kumar577
Contributor III
Contributor III

yes i too got this error.

Restart: Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, general exception detected (Simple Request).