Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Internet Explorer 11 crashing - using 11.20.13206 plugin

Hello from germany,

we are experiencing the following error on IE11 "Internet Explorer has stopped Working" when qlikview plugin 11.20.13206.00 is installed (Windows 7 x64). - This error happens randomly on different client machines, not caused by a special qv dashboard or something we can do on demand to get the IE crashing again. This crash also happens sometimes when qlikview is not actively used in that moment but open in a background tab.We have seen this behavior (IE 11 randomly crashing) for abou 3-4 months now and i tried to find the part causing that, but today i recognized that this behavior seems to only occur on clients where the QV plugin 11.20.13206 is installed, other windows clients with same basic installation but without qlikview plugin do not show these internet explorer crashes.

Of course, i tried to reinstall qv plugin, reset IE to defaults, disabled av scanner but this has not fixed the problem.

Installing an older version of qv plugin is also no solution because thsi would causing print problems on some dashboards. Any ideas on that topic ?

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That version was released some 2 years ago. I would give a try (let's say, only one computer first) to version SR15, the latest for 11.20 until SR16 is released. Of course, Server and Desktop need to be on the same version to avoid compatibility issues.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

thank you very much for your advice. - I will try updating to SR15 after discussing this with our qlikview admins. If updating to SR15 release will not fix the issue i am going to post to this topic again to keep you informed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas!

At the moment, I'm experiencing the exact same problem as you. I've recently updated the QV-enviroment to 11.2 SR16, but the IE-browser crashing just won't go away. It happens randomly, all clients have IE11 installed, but OS differs among Win7 and Win10.

What happened after your SR15 update? Problem solved or still an issue?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin,

unfortunately we are in the process of migrating our whole ERP system to a new major release what is the reason that we haven't apply the SR15 qlikview release yet. - So i cannot give any useful advice at the moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas!

Just wanted you to know, it might not be your case, but we found this add-on in Internet Explorer, automatically installed on serveral clients at different times, called "Amazon Analysis". We removed the program and Internet Explorer running QlikView haven't crashed since.

Might be good to know!