cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Intersection Set Analisis

hi!,

I have a problem with set analisis,

I need to find the intersection of two field (type text) of two diferent tables, i tried with  {< INTERVALO1 *= INTERVALO2 >}

Please Help me!,

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I don't get what you mean.

I see that your definition in the two tables for HORA_MIN_FOR and TPOXHORA seems to be different (shifted about a constant value) when looking at the same HORA_MIN, but I would suggest to fix this in the data model, not in chart expressions.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

This probably only works when you have an active selection in INTERVAL02, try

{< INTERVALO1 *= p(INTERVALO2) >}

instead.

If possible, post some sample lines of data (e.g. in a sample qvw file) togehter with your requested outcome.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

The line is:

=SUM({< TPOXHORA *= HORA_MIN_FOR, [SERVICIO FORECASTEADO]={"HFC TECNICO","HFC COMERCIAL"} >} [HH REQ. ACD FORECAST])

but is bad.

The data is,

HORA_MIN_FOR          TPOXHORA

00:00                              00:00

00:30                              01:00

01:00                              02:00

01:30                              03:00

02:00                              04:00

02:30                              05:00

03:00                              06:00

03:30                              07:00

04:00                              08:00

04:30                              09:00

Two fields are type text.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

So, I assume you have tried using the p() function. Any success?

Not applicable
Author

No, i tried with p() but the result is 0

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Seems to work for me, please check attached sample (or adapt if it deviates from your model).

Not applicable
Author

swuehl,

I tried with the sample qvw  but for my exercise not result.

attached my qvw with data.

thanks!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, your tables are linked (I assumed non-linked fields) and there seems to be no possible selection that results in  HORA_MIN_FOR and TPOXHORA having same values, so an itersection returns no records.

If you tell us what you want to achieve in general, maybe we can come up with a different solution.

Not applicable
Author

I want SUM the field [HH REQ. ACD FORECAST] and show in a table the result but one column use HORA_MIN= 08:30 and the second column use HORA_MIN = 08:00 for that i think intersection between TPOXHORA and HORA_MIN_FOR so the column with HORA_MIN is ok,

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I don't get what you mean.

I see that your definition in the two tables for HORA_MIN_FOR and TPOXHORA seems to be different (shifted about a constant value) when looking at the same HORA_MIN, but I would suggest to fix this in the data model, not in chart expressions.