Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Intervall between dates in two diffrent tables, should I concatenate or how to do it?

Hi

I have several tables linked with diffrent keys to a facttable. Two of the tables, we can call them, Order and Delivery holds dates and many common fields like CustomID, CaseID, OfficeDepartment etc. I would like to know how many days from Order to Delivery and the also avg days. The Deliverytable holds a statusfield (status = 1, 2, 4 ...) that the avg days should reflect.

How is this best done? Should I concatenate them(or use join/left join etc) into one table i the tranforms step or link them throgh the facttable in the finally load? I´m not so in to the diffrenses between join/left join and concatenate so I can´t clearly see how I should do. 

2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Intervall between dates in two diffrent tables, should I concatenate or how to do it?

Hi,

maybe this thread will help you, to understand the differences: http://community.qlik.com/message/127930#127930

I would use the join or left join to make one table.

Regards

Not applicable

Re: Intervall between dates in two diffrent tables, should I concatenate or how to do it?

Hi

Thank´s for the post, It´s really helpfull.