Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Invalid dimension error in filter

Hi All, I am using the following expression on one of my dimension in filter, and it is throwing an error -Invalid dimension. Formulae:

if(Sum([Equivalent Total Sale Quantity])>=sum(total [Equivalent Total Sale Quantity])/COUNT(total DISTINCT [Territory Name]),

if((sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Current Month])-sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Previous Month]))/sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Previous Month])>=0,'R','G'),

if((sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Current Month])-sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Previous Month]))/sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Previous Month])>=0,'Y','B'))

Please let me know where am I going wrong.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

Aggr(

if(Sum([Equivalent Total Sale Quantity])>=sum(total [Equivalent Total Sale Quantity])/COUNT(total DISTINCT [Territory Name]),

if((sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Current Month])-sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Previous Month]))/sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Previous Month])>=0,'R','G'),

if((sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Current Month])-sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Previous Month]))/sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Previous Month])>=0,'Y','B')),

[Territory Name])

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can use If(Aggr(Sum, Field) ....., If(Aggr(..... then only Calculated condition works

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

May be this

Aggr(

if((sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Current Month])-sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Previous Month]))/sum([Total Volume]*[Sales Previous Month])>=0,'Y','B')),

[Territory Name])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot. This works fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Now the problem I am facing is that the average(sum(total [Equivalent Total Sale Quantity])/COUNT(total DISTINCT [Territory Name]) changes once the filter is applied. This ends up in a way that the filter shows multiple selections even if I select one. Please help.

Thanks,

sunny_talwar

May be ignore selection using set analysis? I am not fully sure what you are trying to do, to give you a specific expression... but if you can share a sample, I might be able to help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I am new to Qlik Sense and wasn't familiar with set analysis. It is helpful and solved my problem. Thanks.