Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEJ
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is it possible to Sort a QVD file that stored (or when loading from a QVD file)

I store files into CSV format. However, I am not sure in what order it is sorting the data. 

Anyway, I would like to sort the file. I am storing the file as below, and I have no clue the way it sorts. I would like to have at least a few fields that I sort on, so that it makes at least a little sent, instead of being all randomly sorted.

Store Revrec1 into \\MMX111VSWSQV1\MappingF\Rev_BL1.qvd;

Or is it possible to sort it when reading from the QVD file (Rev_BL1.qvd)?

14 Replies
MEJ
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Not quite sure what you mean by having the identical name for two tables. To me it looks like I have been using the same logic you suggested?

Thanks

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I have attached a modified version of you QVW that shows how it can be fixed both in the load script and in the UI.

Annotation 2019-07-17 133529.jpg

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You have to read up on the link I sent you about "auto concatenation"....  You can avoid it by using a prefix to the load statement called NOCONCATENATE. Anyways I posted a solution for you where I have fixed the load script issue and given a solution as to how to get QlikView to use alphabetical sort on a specific field...

MEJ
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your help.

Wow, that was a lot more complicated than I expected! I have approximately 100 fields in the database, so I hope it will be possible to replicate. 

I will study your solution, and see if I can make it work.

Thanks again.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please click LIKE (thumbs up) on one or more of my responses because that is the only way you can reward anyone that helps you on this forum... 🙂

I guess that all the 100 fields doesn't need to have alphabetical sort... People design QlikView applications for years without getting in to trouble or even notice that it is not alphabetical sort.