Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimshakes
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is it possible to have a cycle function at cell level in an object?

Hi,

I need to creat a chart (Pivot table preferably but not essentially) and in this chart I need the functionality to be able to select a result in a column and change that result to something else for that row of data.

I have several columns on data in the chart and the last is called 'driver', this has say 5 different 'driver' values and I need a way to be able to toggle between those different values within the table, but only changing the corresponding value attached to that row of data.

A simple example is below:

DATESTEPDRIVERTOTAL
31/12/20111MOD25
31/12/20112BEL100
31/12/20113BEL78

In the example above the user would just be able to click on the second row and toggle from 'BEL' to 'SCR' and then the total amount would change to the correct amount for that row but the other lines would still say 'MOD' in row 1 and 'BEL' in row 3.

Hopefully this makes sense, if anyone has any good ideas please let me know.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Define DRIVER as an input field in the script. That way users can change values in that field interactively per record.

jimshakes
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks,

I'm looking into using input fields. I'm having a few issues but I think it's due to the tables being joined etc. I'll come back once I've worked through these issues.

jimshakes
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I've looked at Input Fields now but they don't do exactly what I was after because I need the new input of say 'BEL' which the user has trped into the field to then drive the Total column for that row to change to it's respective 'BEL' amount.

The only way I can think of trying to do this is with expressions, which I can't use in Table Boxes...or am I missing something?

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Using an input field is probably the first part of the final solution. The user can change the value of the field. You then need an expression that uses this field to calculate the right amount. Perhaps you can post an example document with some data and an explanation of what the results should be for which values of DRIVER.

jimshakes
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I basically have a key comprised of 5 fields, one is driver. The driver field splits the key 5 times by MOD/BEL/SCR/NONE/OPN. What I need to happen is the input field (for which I've created a new field called Driver Input) needs to facilitate being changed from say BEL to MOD by the user (which is does) but this then needs to change the Amount column from the amount associated with the key for BEL to the amount associated with the key for MOD. (It needs to swap out BEL for MOD)

Whilst not affecting the other rows (except maybe if I had a total line). You only seem to be able to use Input Fields in a table box, which doesn't allow for expressions but can I use this table box to then drive the results in a pivot or straight table? Therefore allowing the end user the functionality they require?

The problem may be that there are hundreds of lines of data...

Thanks

jimshakes
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Attached is an example document.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

jimshakes
Contributor III
Contributor III