Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to have a fixed color for the Total bar in a chart

Hi All,

I have a bar chart that has a cycle group and an expression. The "Show Total"  option has been enabled (in the presentation tab) and a bar shows the Total. However, when I change the dimension using the cycle group, the color of the Total bar changes. However, I want the Total bar to always display the same Color. Is there some way I could do this?

Thanks,

Neeraj

11 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Have you tried chart properties>colors>Persistent colors option?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

I have tried that option, but using Persistent Colors maintains the same color for values in a particular field. Whereas here I am using a cyle group and I want the Total to have the same color. QlikView always tends to use the last available color for the Total. If one can change it to the first available color the problem can be solved.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Sorry, not sure, can you post a sample? are you using the "Show total (Label)" option? because it's using the first color for me.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

In my case it is the last color. Is there any way I can fix it ?

Thanks,

Neeraj

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Don't know sorry, are you sure you don't have the "repeat last color" option selected in the graph>color settings?    

Not applicable
Author

Yes Daniel,

The 'repeat last color' option has been unchecked . It still shows the last available color for the total.

Thanks,

Neeraj

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Neeraj – I would load the color values within Load Script.This way your color RGB values are linked with the fields. And you can alsohide these fields using ‘HidePrefix’ keyword with the pattern.

Something like this...

Set HidePrefix = ‘%’;

Hope this helps!

Cheers - DV

tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi, also trying to set a fixed color for the Total bar.

Already tried if(Dimensionality()=0, LightRed()) on the Expression -> Background Color but it doesn't work.

Really simple on a table but not working on the chart.

Any ideas?

tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II