Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to include one qvw file into another qvw file ?

Hi,

Is it possible to include one qvw file into another qvw file ? We have one qvw for incremental load of a table and want to group these multiple qvw's into a single execution.

Somehting like :

Include C:/abc.qvw

Include C:/def.qvw

Regards,

Abhi

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Yes you can do this, using the binary load.

For example one QVW file you have created has the script for incremental load, and the second file uses it for reporting.

Now if you want to merge the first file into second one, all you have to do is use below code at the start of the script of second file.

The statement is :

Binary ;

The execution will be like, your script from first qvw will be loaded first then the script for the second file.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

According to QV docs only one Binary statement is allowed per script.

I need to include a series of qvw inside another qvw which will act like a batch of all included qvw's after which I need to just execute one qvw instead of executing each included qvw.

I hope you understood my problem. Is it possible inside qlilkview ?

Regards,

Abhi

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Then i would suggest you to copy the script of the all qvw file you want to load into txt file. Then use the inlucde statement to load that script.

For example.

$(Include=c:\Q1.txt);

$(Include=c:\Q2.txt);

$(Include=c:\Q3.txt);

$(Include=c:\Q4.txt);

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki  

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

use like below

first file into 2 file->

then 2nd file into 3rd file

->

3rd file into 4th ->

and so on

but you need to take care of link .sometimees you need to rename a fieeld after resident.

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

I wonder what you are doing..

If the fields are all same in the table, just load one file after the other. They will concatenate automatically!

TableName:

Load * from C:/abc.qvw

;

Load * from  C:/def.qvw

;

After doing this

Load the whole application with a binary load into the final application with Layout.

Hope that helps