Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to make a cyclic with drill down function?

I have made a cyclic group (c1,c2,c3) and wanted to be able to drill down in each cyclic level. How do I do that? I am new to QlikView and am thinking if the "enable conditional" in the "dimension" tab is related to my question. Thanks a lot!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

If you look at the conditionals for the SubCategory and City dimensions, you'll see that I have:

GetCurrentField(G_cyclic)='Category' along with the GetSelectedCount()

So for whatever dimensions you want to use for the City part of the cyclic group, you just need to change the GetCurrentField to GetCurrentField(G_cyclic)='City'

View solution in original post

6 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can't blend Cyclic and Drill in a single group natively, but you can have expressions in your Cycle Group, so you could have an expression like this one that I have used on my Dynamic Date Dimension:

QlikView App: Dynamic Date Dimension

You could have a number of different Dynamic Dimensions in a single Cycle group.

Hope that helps,

Steve Dark

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your quick response.

But I still want to allow the user to switch between views using cyclic group.

For example (please see attached), I have created a cyclic group that shows either "category" or "agent". When I click the bar in the "chart_cyclic", I want to be able to see the break down of "sub category", (like the one shown in the bottom left corner). How can I do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nicole-Smith

Have a look at the attached and see if it gives you what you need.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, this is exactly what I wanted to show.

One more question: if I switch to another cyclic group, such as "city", how do I make the drill down works (like what you did for the "category" group)? I was trying to modify the function within "Enable Conditional" in the Dimensions tab; but I couldn't make it to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Nicole-Smith

If you look at the conditionals for the SubCategory and City dimensions, you'll see that I have:

GetCurrentField(G_cyclic)='Category' along with the GetSelectedCount()

So for whatever dimensions you want to use for the City part of the cyclic group, you just need to change the GetCurrentField to GetCurrentField(G_cyclic)='City'

Not applicable
Author

got it. thanks a lot!