Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wallacechen
Creator
Creator

Is it possible to pop-up image in the centre of qlikview dashboard

Hi ,  

I want to design a dashboard with the capability as follows. Do I need to write Macro for it ?

example.GIF

7 Replies
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

use Text objects with image backgrounds with layout show/hide conditions using variables

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Text boxes can be made click-sensitive. By adding an Action that sets a variable to one of two values, and by using different Conditional Show expressions in the two sizes of your image, you can toggle between the two images.

But you'll have to provide two text boxes of different size. QlikView has no support for rescaling images upon clicking them.

PS Action "Set Variable" can be chosen from the "External" action set.

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Peter ,

thanks.  is it possible there is qvw file for this provided here so that I can have exact ideas of your suggestion?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess not, at least I can't find one.

But I can tell you what to do:

• In Settings->Variable overview, create a new variable. Let's call it vLarger. Set it to value 0.
  • Create two text boxes with just your image as background. One is (much) larger than the other.
  • In the Properties->Actions dailog of the small copy, click Add, select External on the left and Set Variable on the right. Click OK. In field Variable, enter vLarger, and in field Value, enter 1.
  • In the Properties->Layout dialog of the smaller copy, select Show Conditional and enter vLarger = 0 as expression. Close Properties
  • In the Properties->Actions dailog of the large copy, click Add, select External on the left and Set Variable on the right. Click OK. In field Variable, enter vLarger, and in field Value, enter 0.
  • In the Properties->Layout dialog of the large copy, select Show Conditional and enter vLarger = 1 as expression. Close Properties  The larger text box will have disappeared.

Now test this setup by clicking the visual text box.

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

PFA !

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Peter and Sasidhar Parupudi,

Appreciate it. It is perfect. But it looks text object has limitations for putting multiple images in the same text object for toggling around different images so that we can switch to different images in the same text object by using a  filter to select which image we want to show and then click it to pop up in the centre of the dashboard?  I have attached qvw that is able to toggle around different images with a slider etc but not able to pop-up images in the centre of the dashboard. I tried to change chart object to text object. but not successful.  Is it possible to toggle multiple images in the same text object?

thanks 

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Not sure I fully understand your requirement but here is an example