Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to show a list object based on the value selected in another list object?

Hi, Everyone,

I have a question about list objects. Is it possible for QlikView to show a list object based on the value selected in another list object? For example, there is a List object Dimension with the following values: Age, Gender, Income. There are also specific values for each of the dimension. If I select "Age" in the Dimension list, I would like to see the list object with specific values (Below 20, 20 - 40, etc.) of Age showing up, but not others. If I then select "Gender", I would like to see the list object with "Male", "Female" showing up but the Age list should disappear.

Is it possible for QlikView to have this functionality? Thank you very much for your answer !!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Yes you sure can do that. You just need a show/hide condition on the layout tab for each of the list box that need to show or hide.

For Age, you can use this -> =GetFieldSelections(Dimension) = 'Age'

For Gender -> =GetFieldSelections(Dimension) = 'Gender'

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Yes you sure can do that. You just need a show/hide condition on the layout tab for each of the list box that need to show or hide.

For Age, you can use this -> =GetFieldSelections(Dimension) = 'Age'

For Gender -> =GetFieldSelections(Dimension) = 'Gender'

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you have a lot of these fields, there is another option;

Create a single list box with show condition on layout tab

=GetSelectedCount(Dimension)

And use a calculated dimension (select <expression> from field drop down on general tab)

=[$(=Dimension)]

Not applicable
Author

Thank you both for the suggestions! They work very well!