Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohiahmed
Contributor III
Contributor III

IsNull with If Upper

Hello

I have a field "FTL_CHK_END_TO_DD_COMPLETE" which has number of blanks within the data set, however for the calculations I want to pick up the non blank which is in number format.  Struggling with few variation as can't seem to get expression correct.  Any help would be great.

If(ISNull(FTL_CHK_END_TO_DD_COMPLETE),'Null',(if(Upper(FTL_CHK_END_TO_DD_COMPLETE)<= '2','Within SLA','Outside SLA')))

Labels (1)
2 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

let's try:

=If( IsNull(FTL_CHK_END_TO_DD_COMPLETE) or len(trim(FTL_CHK_END_TO_DD_COMPLETE)) = 0, 'Null',
if( num(FTL_CHK_END_TO_DD_COMPLETE) <= 2, 'Within SLA', 'Outside SLA' ) )

I hope it helps.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please be sure you return to your thread to either update things or close them.  If the suggestion the Partner provided worked for you, please use the Accept as Solution button on that post to give them credit and let other Members know that worked for you, if you did something different, please consider posting that and then mark it, and if you are still working on things, please leave an update, it is greatly appreciated if you close out the threads you create.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.