cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharankv
Contributor
Contributor

Isolating the dimension of same field

I have a requirement where there are three filters: 1st is "Company", 2nd is "Brand" and the 3rd is "Disease_area".

For some selection in Company and Brand filters, I will get the disease areas associated with the selected fields. Now I want a filter of Competitor_Companies which are associated to that disease areas where the Competitor_Companies are a subset of the field Company.

Hope you understand the question. Looking for the correct response at the earliest.

Thanks in advance,

Sharan

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I don't fully understand your description of the issue.

Please post a more detailed description of your model, at best, post a small sample QVW that demonstrates your issue.

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Can you explain more your requeriment or upload an simple example data

TX's

sharankv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

In my dashboard, I am having three columns: 1st is "Company", 2nd is "Brand" and the 3rd is "Primary_Disease_area".

I will have some filter selections for Company, Brand and Primary_Disease_area. Now I want to create a list box which lists the competitor company names from the same field Company based on Primary_Disease_Area selected.

For example described in the attached qvw file, I have selected "Company"=Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation, "Brand"= Gleevec, "Primary_Disease_Area"=Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL).  Now I want to show the list of companies other than Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation which are associated to the "Primary_Disease_Area"=Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) using the same column "Company".

For clear understanding, I have attached the excel file which contains the data and the qvw which I am trying to figure out.

Hope this clears the problem of understanding.

Thanks

Sharan

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe try an alternate state and use a field expression in your list box to filter the values.

BTW, I think your multiple list boxes with option 'Always one selected value' makes it hard to change selections, are you sure you need these options on all list boxes?

sharankv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Stefan,

In the attached qvw, I am not able to select any company other than the default Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. For my requirement, I should be able to select all the companies but only one at a time. Did you make any action or setting to refrain the Company filter selection other than this Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. If so, tell me how to remove that action, so that I will get a chance to select all the companies.

And yes, Company, Brand fields should always be one selected value.

Thanks

Sharan

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think what you see is already the same behaviour as in your sample file. I believe it's due to the option 'Always one selected values' applied to the three list boxes, hence preventing any selections in brand and company being changed.