cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

Issue with the Direct Discovery.....??

Working on PoC to check the feasibility of Direct Discovery.

Every thing fine as of now ,we are showing some imp metrics in text boxes as KPI's ,  but sometimes when we do selection or Between the selections instead of values it is Displaying Error. after sometime the error msg  automatically disappeared.

Error is  Connection to DB failed. 

How to fix this issue , can anybody respond to this.

Please do let me know if you need any other information.

Best Regards,

V

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't think what you made over there? In fact, you should use only Metric values from Discovery for KPI. It may cause or can you post script for Direct Query and KPI Formulae

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

This is found in the "Direct Discovery Technical Addendum_11.2_SR11_and_Sense.pdf"

I'll think that textboxes is not a Object that fully support Direct Discovery

3.3 Creating QlikView Objects with Direct Discovery Fields
Due to the interactive and SQL specific nature of QlikView Direct Discovery, only certain
QlikView objects can use measure direct discovery fields. Statistics boxes are not supported
with measure direct discovery fields.

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil ,

thanks for the Response, Yes am sure that i used only metrics in that text boxes with sum aggr in few and remaining all are direct metrics values.

Most of the times its working fine , but when i do selections randomly and little bit fast then i see that error for some time.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I Found this:

"the Aggr() enforces the Direct Discovery to make an addtional Query to SQL before it can continue with the calculation. This will have an effect on the performance of the chart generation"

Could it be the reason to Your Connection problem?

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes Staffan ,

you are right , after looking into the document i found that statement. it will not work for statistics box.

But in my case am using a Text Box which doing some basic calculations like Sum etc..

A Text Object with sum calculations becomes a statistics box...??

Please be more specific here...

Thanks alot.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Vishal,

Sorry, maybe a little bit misleading here. It was not statistics Box that was meant here, just that some Object doesent is supported. I found something more which could explain Your problem.

"the Aggr() enforces the Direct Discovery to make an addtional Query to SQL before it can continue with the calculation. This will have an effect on the performance of the chart generation"

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can we know the selections you made over there

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful