Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issues with Min function

Hi,,

I have a table where field BUCKET_ID is a primary key, an incremantal number without any duplicates.

When I am trying to use the Min function on it like Min(BUCKET_ID), its not giving any result.

Can i know the mistake in my expression?

Thanks

Ramakanth

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Well the thing with listbox objects is that its main function is to serve as filters for the application and not to create or execute calculations on them. So if you want to show a Quarter's limit dates you can do that with a text boxs and variables, since doing that in a listbox won't really allow you to do that much with it.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can send your application?

Apparently the term has nothing wrong.

Rebeca

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am fetching the data from Oracle, and field type in the database is varchar2. Will it cause a problem?

List box 'Sort Testing' has got all the bucket id's

Attached the application to my first post.

Thanks

Ramakanth.

Not applicable
Author

Where are you trying to use the MIN(BUCKET_ID) formula? I opened you qvw and created a text object with it and there was no problem.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you're looking straight at the Bank, use LEAST(BUCKET_ID).

Rebeca

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I was trying to do this in a list box, sorry for not sending you the correct qvw, was making changes so missed the appropirate sheet.

As you said it works for a text object but not in a list box.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Specifically what are you trying to accomplish when using that formula in a listbox?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

If sorting is the problem, check at "Sort" tab, "numeric value" it was uncheckd

Not applicable
Author

Hello Carlos,

Following link will explain you my actual problem. I got it fixed when i used a variable instead of a list box, don't really understand the problem with a listbox.

http://community.qlik.com/message/357085#357085

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Well the thing with listbox objects is that its main function is to serve as filters for the application and not to create or execute calculations on them. So if you want to show a Quarter's limit dates you can do that with a text boxs and variables, since doing that in a listbox won't really allow you to do that much with it.