Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ester_pr
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

JION IGNORING FILED

Hi,

how do i join tabels ignoring a filed whit  tha same name.

on one table i have the customer and branches (more then one to customer)

on the other i have customer branches (one of the branches)and sum

I want to join only on customer that the sum will duplicate it self by customer and all the branches will be in on column

Thanks,

Ester

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Ester,

When you join two tables using the LOAD clause, you can rename fields you don't want to be used as key fields in the joining. Think of something like this

SalesAndCustomers:

LOAD CustID,

Date,

Amount

FROM File.qvd (qvd);

JOIN LOAD CustID,

BranchID,

Amount AS BranchAmount // renaming this field will prevent joining using this one in addition to the CustID

FROM Branches.qvd (qvd);

You can adapt it to your model.

Hope the idea makes sense.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

ester_pr
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Migurl,

I wont to leave BranchAmount in the same column

Ester

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You cannot. When you join tables, QlikView uses all fields named alike to make the joining, so if you don't want some of these to be part of the composite key that will be used to join both tables, you will have to rename them. You can link the tables instead of joining them, since you have some key fields in both tables, and the associative logic should do the rest:

Customers:

LOAD CustID,

Date,

Amount AS CustomerAmount

FROM File.qvd (qvd);

Sales:

LOAD CustID, // this will link this table with the previous one by means of this field

BranchID,

Amount AS BranchAmount

FROM File.qvd (qvd);

Or you can concatenate them, or use mapping tables to add some fields to a previous table without joining them should you don't need each of the fields in the second table or in case this second table doesn't have a lot of fields. Anyway, it would be very useful if you could post some sample data and waht do you expect, and how are you getting that so far.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

ester_pr
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Miguel,

Sorry for the late response,

eventually I joined tables and add condition if (branches1<>null,branches1,branches2) as branches

Thanks,

Ester