Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunopaulo
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Join, Left Join or Concatenate?

Hello community,

I have a table with 2 columns (Store and address) and another one with Store, profit, costs and nr of sales.

So i want join them where i get a single table with store, address profit costs and nr of sails. What command should i use? And please explain me why because i did try use all of them and isnt working.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards

Bruno Paulo

7 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

You should use a Join, because you want to join 2 table with a key field (Store).

Now you should know what do you want on the final table: the lines of the (Stores) present on the 1st table or the lines of the (Stores) present on the second table.

I suggest you to try the join, the left join, the right join and see the result of the final table for each reload, you will know which type of join you need.

YB

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

You have to use JOIN

Because, you want all the Column of Both the tables

The Key will be Store

Regards

Tahemas Momin

brunopaulo
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you

Colin-Albert

I would use Applymap to add the address field to the table with Store, profit, costs and nr of sales.

Applymap is a safer option as it will always give a 1:1 match and cannot cause duplicate rows..

Don't join - use Applymap instead

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can use "join" to make one table base on Key but if dont have key with others table then use 'Concatenation'

Regards,

sahadev

brunopaulo
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Very nice article Will solve me tons of problems

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Left join

and use the Key between those tables to map it correctly.