cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III

Joins Issue

Hi Experts - Just help me understand what i should do, when i have 2 tables with No unique value(in any of the table).. irrespective of doing the field concatenation.. What is the best way to join these 2 table? Below is an sample of data how my data looks ,,,

Table1
CustomerMaterial
AAA111
AAA111
AAA222
BBB333
BBB333
CCC

Table2
CustomerMaterial1
AAA111
AAA111
BBB333
BBB444
CCC444
CCC444

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is the output that you expect to see after they join?

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny - I expect all the values as i have the 3rd column in each table.. Say For Eg., in Table 1 i have 3rd colm as Country and in Table 2 i have 3rd column as Color.

sunny_talwar

So, why are you looking to join? Why not just concatenate?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

"Don't join Use concatenate Instead" 

Learning never stops.
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

May be am not able to convey the right message above... Below is the Table join of my actual data now..

i get below msg while reloading

"One or more loops have been detected in your database structure. Loops may cause ambiguous results and should therefore be avoided. QlikView will cut the loop(s) by setting one or more tables as loosely coupled. Settings for loosely coupled tables can be modified after script execution in the tables page of the document properties dialog."

I see the data as expected now with the below table structure..but my question is , Is this table structure fine to develop DB? If Yes, What are the dis-advantages using this?

TableJoin.PNG