Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Key/Join Problem

Hi,

I have a table which is joined to another table on the basis of 2 fields. The problem is that one of the tables has only 3 days worth of data and the other table has data from May onwards. However, i am only able to see data from 3 days due to the join.

I have attached my app with this discussion and also shown the graphs and tables you might need to see.

How can i see all the data?

Thanks.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi,

i cant able to open ur application its getting fell to open.

u can get all data after appliying join on  key field' Date' of two table.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

for my oppinion both charts are correct. For ex. in the left chart the dimensions are DATE and user_type. In the underlying tables are three dates and all valid data belonging to these are shown (summed up). Valid data in this case is a value in all three fields: DATE and user_type and current_cost (via queriesperday.K1 and K2). To verify (test) this build a tablebox (not a chart) containing this three fields. There you can find all nullvalues as dashes.

If you want to see "all" data in a chart, even null-values, there are some options to be (un-)checked:

tab   Dimensions --> "Supress When Value Is Null" (for every dim !)

tab   Dimensions --> "Show All Values" (for every dim !)

tab expressions -->  "Suppress Zero-Vals"

tab expressions -->  "Suppress Missing"

But I guess You won't be happy when you see "all data".

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Howzit,

I think its just that your links are scattered,'Fresh fix-ups'almost always come from an organised prob,

Pull in the tables the same way you did,just Make sure the MAIN Table has a consistant ammount of fields able -

-to link all needed tables,ofcourse Watching for synthc keys but all else looks right,

I would(if stuck in your position) also find all null values 1st,from there...no idea as iv also just recently started.

hope you get it right.

jay