Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II

Large Size of QVW

Hi,

I am working with SAP tables, & my both qvw (containing 1. data model & 2. dashboards) is getting larger & larger on the basis of requirements. Both QVW started with 500 MB & now both are of 750 MB each. It makes me & End user worried.

When I open the QVW containing data model in qvDesktop, it becomes "Not responding" for nearly 1 minute to acquire the RAM according to it.

When I open the QVW containing dashboards in qvDesktop, it becomes "Not responding" for nearly 1 minute to acquire the RAM according to it. also It take lot of time when viewing the reports & make selections & add fields to the table or drag the fields of straight table.

I am dealing with MSEG containing about 9,000,000 records, MKPF containg about 19,000,000 records & it will surely increase to 8 times in future.

Please help me.

Regards,

Gaurav

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

To improve the performance of Qlikview follow this

- Load only required fields remove unused fields from data model, so that the qlikview file is automatically reduced

- Truncate Time part in date fields, if time is not used in your dashboard.

- Load only required data, ie., if your users analyse only past 3 years data, then load only latest 3 years data instead of loading entire data.

- Do all the calculations required in script itself, insteady dynamically at runtime.

- Avoid using If, try using set analysis.

- Don't display all the charts at once in dashboard, show and hide charts based on the button clicks, so that extra time of loading hidden charts is reduced.

- By default sort the data in script itself, and in dashboard select Load Order, it is optimized one.

- Star Schema is the best data model, it reduces the number of joins.

- Sufficient RAM is required, if file size increased, consider this also if it is not possible to reduce data.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Gaurav,

Read through this post to get an idea http://community.qlik.com/thread/18473 and http://community.qlik.com/message/223977

Regards,

Sokkorn

gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

please look & give some advice. As per the requirements given by client, there are many logics in front end too.

Regards,

gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Somebody please.................

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

To improve the performance of Qlikview follow this

- Load only required fields remove unused fields from data model, so that the qlikview file is automatically reduced

- Truncate Time part in date fields, if time is not used in your dashboard.

- Load only required data, ie., if your users analyse only past 3 years data, then load only latest 3 years data instead of loading entire data.

- Do all the calculations required in script itself, insteady dynamically at runtime.

- Avoid using If, try using set analysis.

- Don't display all the charts at once in dashboard, show and hide charts based on the button clicks, so that extra time of loading hidden charts is reduced.

- By default sort the data in script itself, and in dashboard select Load Order, it is optimized one.

- Star Schema is the best data model, it reduces the number of joins.

- Sufficient RAM is required, if file size increased, consider this also if it is not possible to reduce data.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.