Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

gaurav2017
Contributor II

Large Size of QVW

Hi,

I am working with SAP tables, & my both qvw (containing 1. data model & 2. dashboards) is getting larger & larger on the basis of requirements. Both QVW started with 500 MB & now both are of 750 MB each. It makes me & End user worried.

When I open the QVW containing data model in qvDesktop, it becomes "Not responding" for nearly 1 minute to acquire the RAM according to it.

When I open the QVW containing dashboards in qvDesktop, it becomes "Not responding" for nearly 1 minute to acquire the RAM according to it. also It take lot of time when viewing the reports & make selections & add fields to the table or drag the fields of straight table.

I am dealing with MSEG containing about 9,000,000 records, MKPF containg about 19,000,000 records & it will surely increase to 8 times in future.

Please help me.

Regards,

Gaurav

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Large Size of QVW

Hi,

To improve the performance of Qlikview follow this

- Load only required fields remove unused fields from data model, so that the qlikview file is automatically reduced

- Truncate Time part in date fields, if time is not used in your dashboard.

- Load only required data, ie., if your users analyse only past 3 years data, then load only latest 3 years data instead of loading entire data.

- Do all the calculations required in script itself, insteady dynamically at runtime.

- Avoid using If, try using set analysis.

- Don't display all the charts at once in dashboard, show and hide charts based on the button clicks, so that extra time of loading hidden charts is reduced.

- By default sort the data in script itself, and in dashboard select Load Order, it is optimized one.

- Star Schema is the best data model, it reduces the number of joins.

- Sufficient RAM is required, if file size increased, consider this also if it is not possible to reduce data.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

4 Replies
Sokkorn
Honored Contributor

Hi Gaurav,

Read through this post to get an idea http://community.qlik.com/thread/18473 and http://community.qlik.com/message/223977

Regards,

Sokkorn

gaurav2017
Contributor II

Hi,

please look & give some advice. As per the requirements given by client, there are many logics in front end too.

Regards,

gaurav2017
Contributor II

Somebody please.................

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Hi,

To improve the performance of Qlikview follow this

- Load only required fields remove unused fields from data model, so that the qlikview file is automatically reduced

- Truncate Time part in date fields, if time is not used in your dashboard.

- Load only required data, ie., if your users analyse only past 3 years data, then load only latest 3 years data instead of loading entire data.

- Do all the calculations required in script itself, insteady dynamically at runtime.

- Avoid using If, try using set analysis.

- Don't display all the charts at once in dashboard, show and hide charts based on the button clicks, so that extra time of loading hidden charts is reduced.

- By default sort the data in script itself, and in dashboard select Load Order, it is optimized one.

- Star Schema is the best data model, it reduces the number of joins.

- Sufficient RAM is required, if file size increased, consider this also if it is not possible to reduce data.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.