Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Licence error for Qlikview Personal Edition

I have downloaded Qlikview x64 Personal Edition at my home computer and created a .qvw file.

I am having only single login at my home computer. Also I haven't shared/opened the .qvw document in any computer.

Next day I am try to open the same document it gives me license error as per the attached document.

For personal edition also needs the license to be purchased?

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you opened any other qlikview documents created by another qlikview installation, for example documents you downloaded from a site like this one? Each time you open a document created by another user the license code of your Qlikview Personal installation will change and you can't open documents created earlier anymore. Your license key has now changed four times and you can only create new documents and open these new documents. Anything created before or by others can't be opened anymore.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amar,

For personal edition license is not required. But you cannot open others created.

Hope it helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amar,

You should be able to open files created with your user in the same computer any number of times. But if the file was created in the same computer with a different user, or in a different computer you won't be able to open it. You can find more details about it in the following article:

Personal Edition FAQs

Regards,

-- Karla

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes I have downloaded and opened sample .qvw file from "https://community.qlik.com".

How to solve this problem. Because to check/learn we need to download and open the sample files.

Each time I cannot create my own .qvw document from start after sample file is opened.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The simple solution: buy a standalone user license.

The complicated solution: create a virtual machine in a tool like vmware workstation or VirtualBox and install Qlikview in that virtual machine. Make a backup copy of the virtual machine (or a snapshot). Each time you need to check out a sample document start up the virtual machine and check out the sample in the virtual machine. Use a copy of the virtual machine each time and discard it afterwards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I didn't know that Qlik offers individual licences. Do you know the average price for one of this?.

Regards,

-- Karla

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I've seen prices of 1.010 € per local client license. But I'm not sure if that price is still actual. You'd have to ask a Qlik Partner or Qlik Sales representative. And don't let them tell you that you can only buy Qlikview Server SMB with a minimum of 5 user cals. Single local client licenses are available if you insist a bit.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

At this time, that's still the correct price for a QlikView Local Client.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you  Gysbert.