Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Licence issue

Hi,

I have received the following error when attempting to open a Qlikview document.

"Your installation of Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number of document recoveries allowed for a Personal Edition licence.  To continue using Qlikview you will need to purchase a full Qlikview licence."

I then cannot enter the document.  Access denied.

When I use the "Open in server" option and lease a licence from the server I am then not allowed to edit the document.

Is there any way around this issue?

Thanks

Karl

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

once you activated your qlikview client with a license

(connect to server, open a document [read only], wait, close document),

you can open document on f.e. the network share of the server again.

but the "open on server" dialogue alwys opens documents read only, because its meant for end users

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I have opened a file in server and leased a licence from the server.

I wait (up to 30 minutes) and attempt to open a file (the same one or any other) and still get the same error.

I have attempted this whilst the "open in server" file is still open or closed.

I am still not allowed to edit any existing documents.  I can create new ones though.

This is now becoming critical as I am the only person in my organisation with developer capabilities and the work is really starting to pile up with a long queue of very unhappy staff.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I have opened a file in server and leased a licence from the server.

I wait (up to 30 minutes) and attempt to open a file (the same one or any other) and still get the same error.

I have attempted this whilst the "open in server" file is still open or closed.

I am still not allowed to edit any existing documents.  I can create new ones though.

This is now becoming critical as I am the only person in my organisation with developer capabilities and the work is really starting to pile up with a long queue of very unhappy staff.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

To edit QV documents you should have a User CAL license (as you  can open the doc on the server it seems that you have just Document CAL).

If you have a Server and the User CAL assigned to you, then it seems that your local QV installation doesn't now about License Lease Server.

Go to the User properties->Locations tab and check  the Default License Lease Server value.

Not applicable
Author

have you tried other files on the server ?
it should be possible, to open the file with the personal edition, which you used last time to open it.

then, you can copy paste the script code AND the items (f.e. tables, boxes) of the GUI.

maybe this helps

Not applicable
Author

if you have recently installed the governance dashboard this bugs opening backends of documents, uninstall this then you could open.  If you have not installed the document ensure you have a USER CAL and not leasing a DOC CAL, onec you are leasing a user cal you can access the back end.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have worked it out.

The "Allow Licence Lease" radio button on the Management Console had been unselected.