Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Like for Like Sales

Hi

I am wanting to include like for like analysis in an existing Sales report I am working on. This currently shows sales per store.

QVW user selects the Date range for the report either by selecting Financial Year, Period, Week or Date Values or any combination of these list boxes.

I would like to either;

1.  include a button that switches the report from all stores to like for like data.

2.Or if this cannot be done then available -  data in a table along the following lines;

Sales All 2011Sales All 2012Stores AllL4L Sales 2011L4L Sales 2012No of Stores

Like for like - for the selected date range only show data for Stores that were open and sending in sales data for that date range and also for the comparison date range ie , Same Week Last Year, Last Period, Last Financial Year.

Hope you can help - I hsve tried alsorts of ideas available on the community but none seem to address my issue.

Many thanks in advance

Jo

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Any response on this one pls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Like for Like Sales

There are a number of approaches to creating Like-for-Like sales analysis.  The easiest, and far the least (RAM) resource intensive, is to create Flags in the dataset.  The calculation of the Flags will depend upon the type of "Like-for-Like" that you are trying to calculate (i.e. if it is same Date or same Day last period), but it's a simple appraoch.

The attached is an example of the approach which I posted in response to another similar Question http://community.qlik.com/message/274880#274880

It is possible to make the Calculation dynamic (to create a button) by creating an Inline Table and a Variable.

The example is very simple, but I hope it helps you get started with your Like For Like analysis.