Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanky1907
Creator II
Creator II

Limit number of rows

Hello All,

I have a straight table and i want to limit count of rows to a certain number and if the count of rows exceeds, it should show an error message.

Can anyone help how can i limit it at the first place.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

4 Replies
MarkWillems
Contributor III
Contributor III

I've done something similar where I count the rows and do and if statement within the Condition Show option, in layout, if has too many rows, it hides the table.  So if you have one dimension you might use:

If(Count(DISTINCT DimensionA)<=20,1,0)

Using layering, you could hide a message underneath the object the only shows when the object is hidden.

If there are 20 or less rows for DimensionA then it will show the table, otherwise hide it showing the message underneath.

Hey, Please don't forget to add kudos, like or mark as a solution if my reply has helped you at all! 🙂
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

like this:

Unbenannt.png

atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

The more standard way is to use the "Calculation Condition" on the General tab of the straight table chart properties to what ever you wish to use to limit the amount of rows available.

Then click the "Error Messages..." button also on the same tab and put a custom error message against the "Calculation condition unfulfilled" message.

Regards

Adrian

MarkWillems
Contributor III
Contributor III

You're right, but the lack of control over the format of the error message means I never use it, I prefer the ability to use a tailor made text box instead.

Hey, Please don't forget to add kudos, like or mark as a solution if my reply has helped you at all! 🙂