Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limit to number of Cycle Groups in a Chart?

I have a QV Pivot table object in a dashboard that has 7 Cycle Groups in the dimension (each with a large number of selection choices in the cycle group).  Once the QVW is saved and then re-opened, there are only four of the seven Cycle Groups in the dimension of the object (the first 4 of the 7).  Is there a limit on the number of cycle groups that can be in the dimension of a Pivot Table object?  I have re-entered the additional three cycle groups several times but this "deletion on save" happens every time I save the qvw so is not a fluke.

2 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

I've never known there to be a limit, I've certainly worked with cyclic groups with more than 4 items in them.

It is probably worth faulting that with Qlik support

marcus_sommer

I don't think that there is a technical limitation but it could be that your pivot is corrupted. This meant you could try to resolve it by re-creating these pivot from the scratch (maybe copy+paste from the expressions into an editor to reduce the efforts - but not copying the object or any properties from the old one to the new one.

Beside them I'm not sure if your approach with 7 cyclic groups within a single chart will lead to a good usability. Maybe it will be better to use something like this:

Dynamic charts

User Controlled Charts In QlikView

- Marcus